Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tin Foil Dinners for FHE!

We hadn't done tin foil dinners for quite a while and so we decided to give it a try for FHE.  Mike got home from work and I gave him the job of gathering everything from outside and I took care of the food and all the inside stuff.  Once we had it all in, off we went!  We had a good time exploring and hanging out together.  Even though Mike forgot to bring a flashlight or a lantern or anything that would give us a little light when it got dark, we still we had fun.  Until Mike told the kids that the coyotes were coming to get them and it was all over.  They all piled up in the truck and were ready to go home.  Even Gage!  I love that our kids still enjoy doing things like this as a family.  I hope it will last a bit longer!

2 comments:

grandma kathleen said...

It has been so good to hear from your family again. I have been enjoying your posts very much.

Kathryn said...

I ditto my mom, thanks for all the updates.

I don't know if it is just because I still feel like I'm 16 sometimes, but when I read your blog and read about Mike doing things with your kids and teasing them about coyotes, I seriously get a little wigged out and think, "holy cow, we are now our parents aren't we?! When did we grow up?" I can totally picture the Papa uncles teasing us about coyotes and skinwalkers and the Papa aunts having to deal with all the screaming kids.