Sunday, October 23, 2011

Disneyland 2011

The Papa family spent spring break in California this year.  I have to say that I was super opposed to this plan until we actually got there.  I have never been a lover of Disneyland.  It is way too expensive and hectic and crowded and did I say expensive?  That was my main reason for never going.  I just couldn't justify spending all that $$$$$$, so...... we had never gone. 
That all changed one day when Mike called from work and said he had just bought tickets to Disneyland from a guy in Canada and for ridiculously cheap!  I reluctantly agreed to go and then he made all the plans from there.  He just promised to not spend all the tiny bit of money we had!!!!!!! 
I was right in my belief of it being hectic, and crowded and a tad expensive, but we had a total blast!  I can't wait to go back!
 
 We did spend one day at the beach.  It was COLD!!!!!  Gavers braved the waves with everyone but his mom!
 I LOVE this picture.  Those bug eyes just fit him don't they?  When the bugs ran under his seat he jumped up and said, "What the heck was that?!"
 cheesy little grin!
 This was before she got brave and froze her tooshie in the water.
 This is them acting like their dad......
 We waited in this line for so long Gav got tired of waiting and fell asleep.  Can you tell Mike is happy to be waiting and waiting?
 Love Gages face in this one.
 These two were hilarious at the beach.  They got brave and went down to the water and were chasing the waves out.  I yelled for them to come back closer to me and like good little boys they ignored me completely.  Two seconds later a wave came and knocked them both over.  I couldn't help but laugh when they both came back up screaming.  It was great!
 Carter was visiting the potty in this picture.  He wasn't a fan of the ferris wheel anyway.  He hates heights and we forced him to go on it.  BAD IDEA!  Poor thing was shaking and trying so hard not to cry the whole time!
 Very first ride we went on.
 It's a small world wasn't as AMAZING as I remembered, but the kids loved it!  It stinks to grow up!
 Carter was too shy to meet Mickey Mouse but the others were running right on up there!
 Again, Carter too busy to take a picture with mom.
 This was the highlight of Gavers trip!  He was so excited to meet Winnie the Pooh.  He just ran right up and hugged him!
 Aren't they cute?
 He posed like this all by himself.  It was adorable!
 Gavs and I stuck together while the others rode the big rides.  I was totally cool with that!
 Goofs!
 We're so excited!!!!!
 And here's Tigger!  I love this picture!
 My mom has this exact picture of me when I was about Gavins age and I'm screamin' my head off.  I'm glad Gavers is my baby!  Sorry mom!
 We rode the tea cups many times.
 This was our first day.  8:00a.m.  We didn't leave until 1 the next morning!  We definately got it all in!
 Tots, open your eyes!!!!
 We all loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.  Mike remembers it being his favorite when he was little. 
 The Lego store was awesome!  We watched the real Jedi training in Disneyland and Carter and Gage just about got axed by this guy!  It scared them both half to death.  Mike and I were laughing hysterically!  We aren't very good parents!
All in all it was an absolute success!  Gavers was the best two year old to take to Disneyland and the other kids were awesome too!  We made lots of memories!  Next time I won't have Gavers for an excuse not to go on the super scary rides!  Crap! 

No comments: