Sunday, October 23, 2011

These are just a few random pictures from the month of October 2010 that I wanted to make sure that I posted. Nothing is in order on this one....... I'm not sure what happened here. I can't get the darn picture to turn the right way so go ahead and get a little crick in you neck and give it a good look. Gage was obsessed with cowboys last year. He loved the boots and the hats and the guns and all that went along with it. So, naturally that is what he wanted to be for Halloween. Thankfully we have some cowboys for cousins:)
These adorable little boys convinced their softy dad to buy these HIDEOUS hats for them. They weren't cheap either! The things he'll do for these kiddos to make them smile like that......




This was a first for me. My first actual, real, legitimate run! I was unbelievably nervous and just about wanted to say "Just kidding, running is not my thing!" But, I didn't and I'm so glad about that decision now. This race was an absolute blast to run. The company I was with wasn't too shabby either! It was the beginning of me realizing that running can be fun, and that I'm old now so I'm going to become super chubbs if I don't get out there and exercise! It seriously stinks to get old. Remember the days in high school when we could eat whatever we wanted to because it never went straight to our rears? Why didn't I enjoy those days more?
First of all..... notice the cowboy hat. I told you he was obsessed. This was a wood hauling adventure Mike and I had with the two little boys while the others were at school. Mike bought a little chain saw for the kids to have fun with and Gage was so excited to try it out. He loved it. He's a real man! We also found a SuPeR De DuPeR lArGe TARANTULA!!!!! I still get chills thinking about it:/ Hauling wood is something we all enjoy doing as a family. It's so nice to get out in the forest and just spend that time with the 5 people that mean the most to me. All- by- ourselves.




I have the best memories of my dad and I hauling wood together when I was growing up. It was kind of our thing. I was the youngest of five girls and he really tried to help me love the hunting, fishing, wood cutting kind of things. The only one I caught onto was the wood cutting one. The others were a little bit too slow pace for me. We had adventures! Like the time we hauled a HUGE pickup load of wood and headed home, only to slit a tire on a broken tree branch. No big deal right? It wouldn't have been had the spare tire not have been under the load of wood! So that day we loaded twice, and my dad swore a few more times than that!








This was Carters costume last year. He was obsessed with Transformers! Optimus Prime was his fav and he wore this costume just about every day for a good solid month after Halloween.




Gavin was a cowboy too, but I can't find my pictures of him! He was a doll so I will keep searching. Katlyn was a tad too cool to dress up. I hate when they get older!









No comments: