Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Relaxing Weekend! For Me At Least!




Mike had fire training in Mesa this weekend for work. So, I could not of course pass up the chance to go along and do a little relaxing!Every mom needs a few days away from the CRYING, Fighting, and the Whining!It was wonderful!For me at least! This first picture is just a glimpse of what I did for the 3, yes 3 whole days!Lots of shopping.I also spent a not so small amount of time lying at the pool reading The Host.Thanks so much to Amy and Colleen for watching the kidos for us.They had a blast!
This is what my poor husband had to endure for the 3 days!HOT!HOT!HOT!I do think that he had fun too!


They fire this house up and the temp. rises to 1300 degrees!That is hot enough on it's own, but when you come outside and the temp. is still 90 degrees it's not that fun.Some of these guys are not that young either.I was a little worried that they would have to bring one out in a stretcher!!!They have never gone this late before so Mike was not too excited!
Doesn't he look so hot in his turnouts?Literally!I am so glad that he is willing to do this kind of thing in order to make life easier for us.I do think that he likes it most of the time,but you couldn't pay me enough $$$$ to do it!
So, the weekend was a success.We did get to go out with John & Jill, and Kylie & Andrew.That is always fun. I also played a little Guitar Hero at Misty's, which I will not be doing again any time soon.People like me should just leave that kind of thing to the pros.Brandy and I also did a little shopping, and I ran into some friends from Snowflake.I am now ready to be such a fun mom again!I know it's sad, but a little break is just what I need to remember how much I love being a mom!Which I do.Most of the time.(Especially when they cry all the way home after you pick them up from Grandma's house, and you are wondering why you came home.)


6 comments:

mandee said...

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN,EVERY MOM NEEDS A WEEKEND WITH OUT KIDS ONCE IN A WHILE! :)DANNY SAYS THAT MIKE NEEDS TO RETIRE FROM SRP AND BE A FIREFIGHTER FULL TIME. :0) HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD WEEK AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL SEE YOU GUYS SOON.

MANDEE AND DANNY

Rachel and kids said...

Mike looked right at home in his firefighter suit! Rock on Mike! I know I would of been one of the ones carried out on a stretcher!
Good for you Leslie for taking a weekend for yourself....and I'm jelous!! Not fair and shopping? Well I just looked down and my tummy muffin top is still there! I can't shop until I loose it and I'm determined!!!!!!!!

Misty said...

You know you want to play Guitar Hero again! Great to see you guys. Mike definitely looks the part as a fire fighter. Tell him those extra 15 lbs. look good on him. Love you guys, see you soon.

Kathryn said...

Fun weekend. Did Mike switch jobs or is this just part of his job now? Next time let us know when you guys will be in town. We'll have to go do something with you and John and Jill.

Teresa :) said...

I dont think its sad at all that you would want and need a mini vacation from the kiddos. I think all moms should take one at least 3 times a year. haha Well looks like you are doing good. See ya around. :)

Gina Lee said...

Hey! Its Gina, Brandy's friend. Looks like you had a great time. Shopping without kids is always a plus!! Thanks again for being willing to watch Porter at the end of the month. I have no idea who else I could ask. Thanks!! And now that Brandy showed me your blog, we can keep in touch online! Hope you have a great week.