Monday, June 23, 2008

Katlyn's Baptism!

Saturday was such an exciting day for us. Katlyn was baptized! She was so excited, and a little bit nervous. (Her dad was too!) They both did awesome. I can't belive that this day has come and gone in our lives. It seems like just yesterday she was a baby! We could not be prouder of her. She is amazing. She loves the gospel, and always wants to do what is right. I often wish I could be more like her. I love this picture. I think it will always be one of my favorites!
This is Katlyn's primary teacher Sis. Heap. She is amazing, and so much of the reason that Katlyn knows as much as she does about the gospel. Katlyn adores her, and I hope that she will always follow the example that Sis. Heap sets for her.
Thanks to all of you for coming, and for all of the gifts! She definatley did not need them, but loved all of them. When we left the church she said, "I can't belive all those people came just for me!" It really meant so much to her and to us. I know that most of you drove a long way and gas is so expensive, and so thank you so much. It's awesome to know that we have such great families! Thanks to everyone that talked, prayed, played, led, and whitnessed. You were all amazing!
The weekend was a little crazy, hence Gage's wild hair-do. This was the best family pic we could get! Looks natural though! I feel so blessed to have the kids and the husband that I do. We all make mistakes and get on eachothers nerves a lot, but I love all of them! As long as we keep plugging along doing the best that we can I know that we will always be happy!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Baptisms are the best.

Andrew + Kylie said...

Leslie-
The food at the luncheon was so good! And you said you weren't Martha Stewart.

Kacie said...

hey Leslie~ Im so glad the baptism went well!! thank you for dinner the other night. By the way, our new blog is kobykacieandtatum.blogspot.com! See ya later!

Rachel and kids said...

I'm so glad we were able to come to Katlyn's baptism. Taylor really enjoyed it and i know she can't wait for her baptism. The food at the luncheon was so good and there was so much of it-you rock!! Thanks for your friendship.

Cash Crew said...

Hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, but I couldn't help but tell you Congratulations! Katelyn looks so grown up. It's amazing how strong in the gospel children are these days. They definitely need to be with all the junk out there! Your little family looks so happy. Hope all is well!

Kuliana

arizonamama said...

I can't believe she's already eight. I just think of her as that cute 6-year-old playing soccer on Lynn's team. Congratulations. You guys look like you're doing great!
-Cameo

Jennifer said...

HI! (it's your old neighbor!)
I found your blog from my sister in laws sister (Kylie's) blog! Are you guys related now???
ANYHOO!!! I think your blog is cute! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!

Amanda said...

I can't believe you oldest is 8! what a awesome-special day! You look SO cute.

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

Hey Leslie.. Your daughter is getting so big. We need to get our girls together and play.. We are proud of her for being baptized. Get in touch sometime and we will get together..

Hawkins Family said...

Hi, I found your blog through Mandee McEuen's blog. So I hope you don't mind me adding a comment. BUt anyways, I am Katie (pearson)Hawkins I went to school with Mike in Pima. I just wanted to tell Mike Hi. You have such a beautiful family and some really adorable kids. Its neat to see Mike and Your little girl all dressed in white at her baptism. That is a precious picture. well take care.