Monday, June 30, 2008

Cousin Camp '08!

It's Cousin Camp time! The kids left on Wednesday morning to the mountain with Granpa George and Grandma Colleen. Gage got to go this year and so we were childless for 4 days!
On Saturday afternoon we drove up to pick them up. The parents are banned from coming until then. They did a whole flag ceremony for us! It was so cute. Carter did such a good job folding the flag.
This is them singing "God Bless the U.S.A." It was awesome. Carter and Gage even sang the chorus. Katlyn did amazing! She missed us a lot. She takes after her mother in being a "Mama's Girl" but she had a blast. The boys' clothes were awefully dirty, but they are still talking about the things that they did.
"The Cook!" How considerate of her to wash before cooking our food. She did a great job! Grandpa George had a whole kitchen set up, and even a place with wood floor and tarps all around it to take a bath. The major highlight for me was the port-a-potty!
After dark they did a little program on the theme for camp that year which was Book of Mormon heroes. They sang "Book of Mormon Stories" and "The Wise Man & The Foolish Man" (I'm not sure of the real name of that one.) I was so proud of all of them. They did all the actions and sang so good. They also each told a story from the Book of Mormon. They each even made a journal that looks like the Gold Plates. It was so cute. I was almost in tears. I can't belive how fast they are all growing up. Thanks George and Colleen for all the work that you put into this each year.

7 comments:

melinda said...

That sounds like WAY too much fun. What a great campout and how nice of g-ma and g-pa to put it on! F-U-N!

Stoddard Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! What sweet grandparents to take all of the kids and create such fun memories for them. I will have to remember that idea for when I have grandkids. Thanks for sharing such a great idea. Betsy

Jennifer said...

That is the BEST idea ever! Can I join your family???

mandee said...

Hey leslie, i just talked to danny and he told me the big news...so i thought i would write and say congrats!!!! Hope you guys are doing good and cant wait till vegas!!

mandee

mandee said...

lol..oh yes, belive me you will still look cuter then i do!!! Mabey me and danny can plan a trip to snowflake before we go and me and you can organize some stuff to do! I am so excited to go. I will talk to danny and we will let you know.Hope you have a good week and i will talk to you later!

xoxo

arizonamama said...

Super cute idea, especially the part about taking them without parents for four days! I bet that's great for the kids to get to know their grandparents and each other better. So what's this "big news"? Hmmmm... - Cameo

Rachel and kids said...

I want my parents to start a cousins camp!! Sounds like a ton of fun for your kids-what good memories. Hope you are feeling good!!