Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Daddy Daughter "Hobo" Dinner

Katlyn had her first Achievement Days activity tonight. It was a Daddy Daughter "Hobo" Dinner. She was really excited until she had to get dressed up, and then she got a little nervous.
Mike was a big sport too. He cheered her on and got just as dirty and "hobo" looking and she did. I thought they both looked pretty good. I love this picture. It makes me so sad to think of how fast she is growing up. She will be eight next week, and the time has flown by. We are so proud of her!
This was how Mike thought they should get to the church. Totally cute I admit, but someone would have come home with a broken bone I am sure. They had so much fun, and Katlyn was really glad that she got dressed up once she got there.I love days like these, when you feel like things are just the way they should be, and you wish that the bad things in the world would never find their way to you!

7 comments:

melinda said...

ADORABLE! Those are such great pictures and their outfits are SUPER! Activity days will be fun for her!

Stuart Family said...

Les-So cute!!Tell Mike I love the overalls.BrookeLyn is sad that she's not going to be 8 anymore.They have such a great leader.I'm glad they had fun. Ryan and BrookeLyn did too.He even dressed up!!Talk to you later.

TJ Eich said...

Wow, you actually made me miss living in Snowflake! What a sweet post!

Unknown said...

How cute! That seriously probably meant more to her than he will ever know. That is one of the things I loved most about my dad growing up... he was always willing to dress up or do whatever I needed him to and was never too embarrassed! That means a lot to a girl that age.
What a good dad!
Your little family is so cute!

Amanda said...

What a good/fun dad! Only in a small town you can ride around like that.That's why I miss home so much. I can't believe she is going to be 8. I remember your mom being my Achievement leader.

Mandy said...

How fun! I saw your little girl at the park with Lisa the other day. She's a sweet girl. I guess I missed Brandy that weekend too and that was the first time I have ever seen Brendan. Cute kids!

Anonymous said...

aww, how fun and cute!! katlyn was probably so excited to dress up with her dad. :)