Monday, November 3, 2008

WHY Does He Love Me?

I have been meaning to paint our bedroom for the last two years! It was the only room in the house that did not get finished before we moved in. I painted the whole house by myself, and by the time I reached it I was spent. A full week of painting stinks bad! So, this last week I decided to get on the ball and get it done. Mike had to help me tape up on the plant shelves because I did not want to fall off, and he wrote this sweet little message for me.
It just made me think a little bit. Why does he love me? Especially right now, at this point in our lives. He has put up with me for almost 8.5 years, and I'm pretty sure I get a little more hard to put up with as each day goes by. Right now I know that there are times that he would like to throw up his hands and then throw me in the trash! He tells me that I look SEXY, and I tell him to shut-up, because who feels sexy when they are this pregenant? He asks me how my day went and I tell him all the bad things about my day and a lot of times forget to even ask him how his went. He sends me sweet little texts almost every morning, and I will let you guess if I ever do it for him! He writes cute little notes on the wall while helping me paint, and most of the time I don't appreciate it. Don't get me wrong people, he is not perfect! He has an "unhealthy" obsession with his truck that those of you that know him can attest to. Not so much with the way it looks, but how much horsepower it has. EXPENSIVE! I would drive it off of a cliff and not care a lot of the time. And he is kind of a smart ass! That he comes by honestly! (Thank you John!) But what the heck, he can't be perfect. He used to tell me when we met in high school that he could not believe that a girl like me would like a guy like him. I would be willing to bet that his view on that has changed a little bit!!!! I mean lets just be honest, how many men do you know that would take on a wife and a baby at 17 and always provide and never complain? Not many! I love ya babe! I could not ask for anyone better, and wouldn't want them either!

13 comments:

Jace and Cadence said...

Hi leslie, this is crystal matt belshe's wife from st. johns. i came across your blog and i read you last post about being pregnant at 17. YOUR RIGHT! about how many men would do that. well you look like you guys are doing great and you have a very cute family.

melinda said...

Aww, Mike sure is a great guy--I'm glad you two have each other:). You are too hard on yourself though--you are a great mom and wife and you really are hot! So shut-up! LOL Oh and your wall is looking great! Careful on that ladder!

colleen said...

For what it's worth - I think he loves you because you help and allow him be the man he is. Moms look at their sons and see the kind of man they can become. It is a fortunate man that finds a wife that sees that too. Thank you. Colleen

Matt and Crystal Belshe said...

LESLIE THANX FOR REPLYING. WE DON'T MIND AT ALL. AS YOU CAN TELL WE ALREADY ADDED YOU TO OUR BLOG. WE DON'T MIND IF YOU ADD US TO YOURS. ITS GOOD TO KEEP IN TOUCH!

Laura said...

Hey I just spent all weekend painting my ugly yellow room too, and yes it does suck. I left some messages for Micah in hopes that it would put him in the mood to help me. It's the oldest Papa trick in the book!

Spike is a winner! He's one of my favorite brothers and you are one of my favorite sister-in-laws. I think your just a damn good team. To me it's a no brainer why you love each other.

Andrew + Kylie said...

those "papa boys". they act all tough. but really deep down they really are sweet! Ya gotta love um'.

PS. I love the costumes.

Misty said...

You did get lucky. Mike is awesome. But you are pretty great too sis! We love you guys.

Stuart Family said...

So sweet!!! And you look adorable pregnant. Makes me sick!!

The Baum Squad said...

I'm with Mike on this one...you are pretty sexy...prego or not. I'm pretty sure Jace is past painting love notes on the wall for me....you are a lucky girl, with a lucky family.

Thanks for the nice comment. If I had to move AGAIN, I am glad it was to this ward with so many familiar faces.

Hallie said...

You are so SEXY it is not even right! I saw you at the Dr.'s office one day right when you were going back for your appt so you didn't see me and you look amazing. What a sweet husband you have. Sweet husband for a sweet wife, you guys are so cute together! I do have to agree that the days are counting down so fast! I can't believe we are both almost due. All of the hard things will be so worth it in the end though. Hopefully the end will come sooner than later!

Amanda said...

Les.. your dad loves him that says a lot. haha But I think he got it better! :)

PS you can come help me paint anytime! jk

Larry and Megan said...

You are so cute pregnant, but I know exactly what you mean. I am the same way with my husband. You have such a cute family. Thanks for beings so nice and listening to me with all my questions about Connor. You are an amazing person and it has been great getting to know you better. I added you to my blog too!

Kristen said...

Leslie,
Sorry I thought I sent you a invite to my blog. You look great for being prego with your 4th. I hope I look half that good.