Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mother-Daughter Achievement Day Party

Katlyn and I had our first Mother-Daughter Party last night at Sister Beck's house. I love these things, because I can remember going to them with my mom and being SO excited! We had so much fun! It was all about Native Americans and their culture.
We made this necklace together.
Katlyn got her hair braided by Sister Kelley, and she taught me how. I know it's sad, but I did not know how to french braid. Thats what my sister Misty was for!

We also etched and decorated this candle holder.
Sister Nez also came and told us about her family and the culture traditions for when a girl grows into a young woman, and the things that the clan does for them. It is pretty amazing at some of the similarities of the teachings of the clan and the teachings of the church.
I can't believe that my little girl is old enough for achievement days, but I am so glad that I was able to go and spend that time with her. I dread when the day may come that she doesn't think it's cool to hang out with me.


2 comments:

K said...

Whatever, Leslie. She will always think you are cool, cause you are cool. (Some of us can trick our kids for a few years. Then they get smart enough to know better. :)

Fuentes Family said...

I'm afraid of the same thing. If only we could stop our kids from growing. I absolutely loved your post about what your boys said. I haven't seen you it seems like for years. You aren't moving any time soon right? And are you ready to apply to the nursing program? I'm taking it slow and I'm going to wait one more year before applying. It would be cool if we went through it together.