Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Treats of Choice......


Mike and I both have very different treats of choice. He loves the winter season only for the eggnog! (nasty) However, it is so stinkin' expensive so last night he found a recipe online and decided to try it. He had to get a few things from the store and he has a little habit of bringing the kids and I back a treat EVERY time he goes by himself. The kids got hershey bars and I got Mint Chocolate Premium M&M's! If you have never tried these and you like mint, they are amazing! (Mike hates anything mint.) Mike's eggnog turned out great too. So he says. I myself will never touch the stuff! Now he can make it all winter long. So, homemade eggnog, and Mint Chocolate Premium M&M's have become our treats of choice this year, and neither has to worry about the other swiping their snack!

8 comments:

melinda said...

Yum. Those M&M's look good! I've never even seen them, but I love mint. (I have yet to meet a man who likes mint though). I'm not a fan of egg nog either, but it is worth the smile on Mike's face. Glad he found a good recipe!

Melis said...

I've heard of those M&M's but am determined to stay clear! They go straight to my thighs! We like egg nog too, but it has to be homemade. Storebought stuff is nasty.

It looks like such a fun trip to the valley of the sun! I'm always amazed at how organized you are -- Christmas shopping done already? Wow, you are great!

Hallie said...

Mmmmmmm.....this could only add to my plumpness but I'll probably be trying them anyway. :) I love mint! I will have to try making eggnog homemade, never thought to but it is so dang expensive like you said! It is so good if you mix it in the blender with vanilla ice cream and sprite, yum!

Anonymous said...

Your halloween pictures are so cute. You really are the cutest pregnant women. Congrats! What are you having? Miss you guys and love yah, Aleah Katelyn-you look so cute! Mike is a great Hippie-looks like a shirt my dad used to wear! HAHA

Vandee said...

They both sound Yummy! share the eggnog recipe.

Shannon said...

I will have to try those M&M's. I love mint. By the way, I did feel pretty dumb trying to break up that fight. Even you know that I am not fight material. lol

Barb said...

Oooo - I'm gonna have to get me some of those m&m's! They look good! Do you mind sharing the eggnog recipe? All my boys love egg nog - personally can't stand the stuff. Mike looks like he is in heaven!!

Amanda said...

I LOVE those M&M's! They are so good. But I like Eggnog too... :)