Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend Safari......(Oh, and a wedding too!)











Our weekend was a lot of fun & also REALLY tiring! First, I got to go to lunch with my friends Robin and Ashley. I love getting together with them and just visiting. We all have such busy lives so a few hours every once in a while is fun. We went to the Bass Pro Shop on Friday night with Nana & Papa. Papa had fire training this weekend and so we decided to meet up for a while. The kids got to take a picture with the Rhino and they also got to touch it. They thought that it was really cool! Katlyn and Carter are both excited to take the pics to show and tell. Who needs the zoo?










This is in front of the big fish tank. Gage was not happy about taking this picture. He kept saying that the sharks were going to get him. He jumped off Mike's lap right after that and would not go within' 10 feet of it unless Papa was holding him. There is an elevator behind the tank, and Carter and Katlyn loved that! They rode, and rode it.












Oh the guns! I love shooting. I grew up doing it. My poor dad had 5 girls, and 5 sisters. Not one brother either! I was just fine being the one that did all that boy stuff with him. I would much rather be outside than inside any day. We fished in the snow (so cold), hunted coyotes, hauled wood, built fences (which I pulled down with the tractor!) and we did a lot of shooting. Now that I am a mom and wife, I wish that I would have spent at least a little time learning to cook like my mom. Poor Mike has to go to her house to get good food! So, while Nana looked for some shoes to take on their hunting trip to Africa (I am so jealous!), we all took a few shots! Katlyn was really good! I think she takes after her mom!












Gage just kept pulling the trigger and saying "fire, fire." Notice that he has no shoes on. No, he does not normally walk around in public like that, but I bought them some generic crocs at Wal-Mart, and they rubbed the skin off the sides of their feet. Carter toughed it out!












I love this one of Papa and Gage. Papa would hold the gun where it needed to be and would tell Gage to fire. Gage would yell "fire" and pull the trigger! It was so cute. Thanks mom and dad for putting up with us for so long that night!
On Saturday the Papa family received a new sister in law. We are so happy for Kylie and Andrew. I am pathetic, and did not get any pictures, so if you would like to see a few check out Laura and Jill's blogs. They are way better at it than I am. It was fun to be at the temple with everyone. Mike's parents and their spouses were able to be there with all of their kids. I did not even think about that until I read Laura's post, but I think that is so amazing. What and exciting day for parents, to have all their children have made the choices that it takes to be at the temple.
After the wedding we had a little pre-birthday party for Gage at the pool. It was way to cold for whimps like me, but the kids, Mike, John and Josh got in. I will post pictures after his real birthday on Tuesday. We ended the night with Mike watching UFC at John and Jill's house. I stayed at Misty's with the kids. Although I will admit that I would have liked to watch St. Pier fight. I never thought that I would like UFC, because it is two guys beating eachother up, but thanks to Mike, and our friends Rachel and Shaylar I am kind of into it now. So that's it. We had a long and fun weekend, and now it's time to unpack and go to bed!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was great seeing you all this weekend! I wish i could have gone to the party. Boo, sick kids. ;) Glad you had fun!

Kathryn said...

I'm glad we actually got to see you guys. I think it has probably been a few years. Way to long anyways.

Amanda said...

I love shooting the guns at that place. I love your mom and dad they are such amazing people. I bet your mom was glad to see ya. They heave a bass shop here in Vegas if you want to go shoot the guns. lol

Rachel and kids said...

I loved reading about your weekend! You do such a good job on your blog. It made me realize I need to take more pictures-we had a huge weekend and I didn't take one picture!!!!
Love the pic of Carter with the mask and gloves!
Rach

Misty said...

So sad that I missed it. We will have to come see you soon. You are in trouble too, I am pretty sure my house is cleaner than I left it, you did not need to do that.

Love ya!

mandee said...

You guys have the cutest family! Hope you all are doing good and cant wait to see you all again. Haylee was so mad last time cause she really wanted to see katlyn so we will have to get them together sometime.talk to you later.

mandee