Friday, April 11, 2008

Our Week in Review!











The warm weather has sort of come, it you count the 30 mile per hour winds ever day, and so Mike is working on getting the back yard ready for grass. The kids loved the bobcat, and all got a turn to ride in it. I was a wreck. At one point I was talking to Brandy on the phone and Carter walked right behind it while Mike was backing up. He saw Carter, but I didn't know, and so I screamed for all the neighbors to hear and shut my phone. Poor Brandy thought for sure someone had died!













I had to post this picture of Gage. He is attempting to potty train, or actually I am trying and he doesn't really care. After 3 pairs of pee underwear in a record 20 min. I told him to go to his room and get some more on. This is how he came back into the kitchen. I want his girlfriend's to see this someday! He makes me so mad sometimes, but he got a laugh out of me with this one.










We rented the movie Water Horse. The kids have been dying to watch it. We are having a cousin movie party tonight with Amy's kids, but I gave in and let them watch it on Wed. This is how Carter and Gage spent the first 20 min. of the movie. (Hidden behing the couch!) Katlyn was a great big sis, and told them that it wasn't scary. It is a really good movie for the whole family.










This was the "stick" that Carter brought home from the "forest" yesterday. There is a huge place accross the golf course that has a bunch of trees and the boys call it their forest. That thing was huge, and he drug it all the way across the green! Thank heaven there weren't any grouchy old men golfing at the time to yell at him! I love how amazing his imagination is!









Our last event was Katlyn getting her hair cut. She was not very excited about it, because she wants her hair to be long, but Tia the sweet girl that cut it made her feel much better about it. Mike whistled at her when we walked in the door, and that was enough to make her LOVE it. I can't believe how big she is getting. It makes me so sad and proud at the same time. She is so sweet, most of the time, and we love her so much!
WOW, Mike just walked in the door from taking Katlyn to school, and filling up the truck with fuel. I can't believe it! $120.00 to fill it up! That is like getting puched in the stomach! Since I am keeping this as sort of a journal for my kids to have I thought that I should put that in here for posterity!

9 comments:

Melis said...

I know what you mean by the bobcat. I freak out about that kind of stuff too. Katlyn is beautiful. Short OR long hair. I loved this post! Fuel prices are supposed to rise again by Monday -- $4.50/gal. I just hate it!n

Jill said...

I loved this post! Too cute with the underware! :0)

Mills Family said...

The underwear and big stick are totally something my boys would do! One of them still puts his underwear on backwards, and he doesn't even care! (by the way, this is Kari, Mike's cousin)

Stuart Family said...

Hilarious.Love the underwear picture and Carter with his stick. To to funny. I love Katlyns hair.Looks adorable on her.

THE CHLARSON BUNCH said...

Hey Leslie..Cute Blog didn't know you were in the blogging world..You have such a cute family!!!You are such a cool wonderful person & I'm glad I've gotten to know you..Your blog is super cute..Well catch up with you later..

mandee said...

100 things that i love: Mike you are number 101! haha

Anonymous said...

aw, i love reading your posts. the kids are so cute. gage made me laugh with his underwear and the kids hiding behind the couch. katlyn is getting to be so grown-up!

Mandy said...

I love all the picutures. Don't ya love living in the mountains!!

*Molli* said...

Oh Leslie!!!!! Your family is so beautiful. I sometimes can't believe that we are as old as we are and have families of our own. It was so fun to see pictures of you two and your little ones.....although your little girl is not so little anymore. She is beautiful. I sure do get lonesome for the old days when we were little and would have sleepovers at Granny's and wake up to her cooking us all breakfast. Take care and stay in touch. Hugs and kisses........molli (hall)....(didn't want you to think "who the heck is this???) :)