Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve in Alpine

I love my mom's house during Christmas. We have had the same stockings for as long as I can remember. My mom made them out of Levi's and they have our names on them. We started out with 7 and now we have 32 of them! I couldn't get them all in the picture, but you get the gist of it. Every year growing up on Christmas morning my Granny would make sourdough biscuits for everyone in her family and their kids and their families. We would all open our presents and then head out to her house to eat. I would be willing to bet that every year at least 150 people passed through her house on Christmas day. It was a wonderful tradition that I know none of us will forget. She was such an amazing Granny! Now, my mom makes biscuits and waffles every Christmas morning for her family and we LOVE it too. There is just something about tradition that makes a house a home.
The big storm that brought us about an inch or 2 of snow brought them about 18inches of it. It made for a good day of sledding down the driveway. Here's Carter all bundled up and ready for the freezing temps.
Gage was right there with him red cheeks and all. It's was COLD! On our way home there was a spot where our truck read -14degrees.

And here's Katerbug. She was privileged to be the only girl there that day but she was right there with them.

2 comments:

melinda said...

Those stockings are awesome! And it looks like you had all kinds of fun over the holidays!

justin and sherrie said...

Just made my mouth water for sour dough. What a great tradition and Great Granny!