Sunday, September 28, 2008

Soccer Season has begun.....

This weekend was our second set of soccer games with Katlyn and Carter. I got ropped into coaching Katlyn's team, and for those of you that know me know that I came nowhere near a soccer field when I was young! I think I might have played once when I was 6. Mike was strictly wrestling and football, and so he's no help. Plus he is not vocal at all and so he supports me from a chair! I got really lucky though and got a lot of good little players on my team! They pretty much know what to do and I just cheer them on. Katlyn is good at getting right in there with the boys! She's a pretty good little athlete. She was brave and wanted to be the goalie in this game.
This is Carter, Brady-boo & Gage warming up before the game. We are still working on him kicking the ball the right way and paying a little more attention to where the ball is, instead of waving and playing around!
His little team is so cute. He has patient coaches, the Shelly's who are so sweet and just cheer them all on. Wrestling is most likely in is future. Soccer, maybe not so much.

5 comments:

Stoddard Family said...

I remember Katlyn was a great little player when she was on Megan's team. Hey, since your in-laws are moving to the valley why don't you guys move back over here to 6th ward? That would be so fantastic! You are a brave girl to coach this year. They called and asked but I literally know nothing about soccer.

melinda said...

Horray for soccer! I have no idea anything about it either. Tyler knows all the rules, but he isn't into bossing around 5 year olds, so we just laugh and let them have fun, and try to explain the point of the game a little bit;) I think they are getting it though!!haha. but yeah, they are a cute team! I think Carter is starting to get it! Emma is more into picking the grass, messing with her socks, and glaring at the boys who knock into her--which, you got proof of with your picture;)

Rusty and Ashley said...

I am not surprised that you have athletic kids, look at the two of you guys! I think it's a requirement that when your little, you don't pay attention to the game at all, it's what entertains all of us for the first few years of soccer games. Good luck with coaching!

Andrew + Kylie said...

good luck with the coaching! I am sure you will do GREAT! we are excited to see you guys this weekend.

Sam and Rachel said...

They both look so cute out there and that's all that matters. That was always so fun to go watch those games when I lived up there. I miss it alot. And my parents dont even live up there so I hardly ever go up there. I miss you guys!