Friday, September 19, 2008

A Little Update....

I have not blogged at all about the large upcoming event in our family, and so I thought that I would put a little tid bit on here about it.
We are expecting our 4th little "ray of sunshine" at the end of the year. (At least I hope it comes before the end of the year.) Around March, Mike and I really both felt that we were done having babies. I have to admit that I had a few reservations with only having 3, but it's still a good number right? Then, just a few weeks later along came our little surprise! I was a little less than thrilled. Pretty depressed actually. I thought how can I do this again? Gage is 3 and now I have to start all over! I was a little grouchy with Mike, and that was mean I know, but isn't he the reason that this all happened in the first place? He even had to kick me out of the house one night until I stopped acting like a "crazy lady!" (his words) Such a sweet heart! I know all the rest of you are probably such sweet things when you're pregenant, but me, not so much!
Since then I have had a complete change of attitude. I know that there is a reason for this little spirit to come into our home. Our kids are so excited! Gage rubs my tummy a lot, and thinks the baby is going to come out of my belly button, and Carter says "mom your tummy is getting bigger and bigger!" He wants another brother. Katlyn won't be happy if it's not a girl, but I'm sure she will get over it. Which leads me to the next subject, we will not be finding out the sex of the baby. My sister in law Laura and my friend Rachel just did the same and said it was amazing to have that surprise, and so we are going to copy them.
I am a little scared about this crazy world that we live in today, and what all of my children will have to endure, and so I was telling my dad this on the phone yesterday, and he said "Leslie, this little spirit is so excited to come to this world and to your family, and knows exactly what it is coming to. It knows exactly what it is going to face on this earth, and still wants to come. And there is a reason why this spirit is coming into the world right now." That just put it all into perspective. Mike and I are both extremely excited, and although I am o.k. with the next few months going by a little slower I cannot wait to meet our new little baby boy or girl.

17 comments:

mandee said...

lol your so cute! Belive me Danny would have to kick me out of the house to if i found out that i was prego lol! Im so excited for you guys, hope you all are doing good!

xoox

Kacie said...

Leslie! Im so excited for you! you will be fine and I can't wait to meet another little Papa! Let me know if you need anything! I am only one block away remember!

Stoddard Family said...

I love how honest you are! I am not the sweetest little thing right now either! Eric hides in the bedroom a lot, which usually gets him in even more trouble. I am really excited for you!

Kathryn said...

Who wouldn't want to come to the earth to be a Papa? :)

Congratulations and I hope Katlyn gets a little sister because I know she would be an awesome example. But if you have another boy, it's probably because she'll be there to help keep them all in line.

I enjoy reading about all the fun things your family does since we never see you enough.

PS. If Ryan kicked me out of the house his car would probably get a little ruffed up.

melinda said...

I'm so excited to meet the little one too!! Your kids are so awesome. I know what you mean about the scary world, but your dad is SOO right! Spirits are just waiting for their bodies and are as excited as can be!! It is neat to take any part in that, isn't it??

You are totally cute by the way. I was admiring your cuteness as you ran up and down the soccer field yesterday. Way to go "coach"! LOL

Jill said...

We are excited for you too. :) They really are special.

Layla said...

Hey Leslie, I love what your dad said. I tell myself that all the time when I start getting that panicky feeling for my kids. You look so dang cute! I am not a nice pregnant person. I try, but it only comes in spurts. Congratulations!
Layla

Hawkins Family said...

Congrats!! I think that is neat that you aren't finding out what you are having. It would be hard, but an awesome surprise. Your family is soo cute and a new little one will just add to that. I am not a very nice pregnant lady either. My husband had to keep me in check a couple of times too. Them dang HORMONES!!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!! Take care. Tell Mike we said Hi!!

The Sanderson Family said...

Congrats Leslie & Mike! That is awesome! I can't wait to find out if Katlyn gets her sister. Oh and I am not sure, but I think that most pregnant women have their "crazy lady" moments...so hang in there Mike!

Hallie said...

I'm so excited for you to have another one ~ and I hope it's a girl for Katlyn, that would be so fun! I can't imagine how hard it would be to wait to find out! It will be so exciting though to see what you have. Maybe we will be in the hospital together, you never know!

Anonymous said...

its so exciting and i think its awesome that you are waiting for a surprise. i could never hold out so its exciting that you all are able too! can't wait to meet the newest Papa baby!! :)

Kristen said...

Leslie I am way excited for you! I know that you won't have a problem adjusting to one more! Hope you are doing well.

Mills Family said...

I was wondering what your story was! Thanks for sharing. I like to read your blog.

Jennifer said...

You're so cute pregnant...and I sure as heck hope that reading this post doesn't jinx is because Brandon and I have been saying similar things about 3 kids being enough. I know I don't want another baby right away (Weston just turned one)...but then the thought of waiting awhile and then having the whole newborn phase be so NEW again doesn't sound too great either! You guys will do great! I can't help but hope that Katlyn gets a little sister!

Heather said...

Congratulations Leslie! Your family is super cute. I'm sure the new one will be a great addition.

Amanda said...

Just another cute kid to add to your cute family! Congrats! Remember everything happens for a reason. Love ya!

Amanda said...

PS I hope Katlyn gets a sister but if not it will just be another wrestler! And more and more matches to go to. Who wouldn't want that? lol