Thursday, September 4, 2008

What is more relaxing than Lake Powell?

Katlyn and I were able to go to Lake Powell with my friend Rachel and her family this past week. This is the spot where we parked and spent the week. Absolutely beautiful.
Rachel has 2 girls about the same age as Katlyn that went too, and they found a treasure map out on an island one day!
They followed all the clues and it led them to these awesome treasure boxes with all kinds of pretty jewels, necklaces and seashells in them! They loved it! (Thanks Keith and Charayye!)

This is the only picture you are going to see of me! I did put a swimsuit on, but belive me you don't want to see! They always have a BINGO night at the lake, and everybody brings prizes. It is so much fun! We both had a blast swimming, sitting in the sun, relaxing, reading (I read Breaking Dawn while we were there) riding the jet skis, watching movies, eating a lot, and being with awesome company. Thanks to Rachels family for letting us join them!
The boys stayed home, and Mike was able to work it out that he only had to work two of the days that we were gone. They surprised me by being alive when we got home, and the house was still standing! The laundry was even done! How many women can say that they can leave for a week and come home to a clean house, and not have a complaining husband? I'm glad I got a good one! Now it's my turn! Mike left as soon as we got home to do some training in the valley, so it's just me and the kids for the next 4 days! Paybacks I guess!

7 comments:

Stoddard Family said...

How fun!! I talked to Preston last week before he left, and told him how jealous we were that he got to go to Lake Powell with his wife for a week. They are a very cute, fun couple. Preston and Erin are one of my kids favorites. Eric said to tell you that he is sorry that you were stuck with them for a week (I think he was kidding?). It sounds like you and Katlyn had a really fun time together.

melinda said...

Looks like a TON of fun!! Glad you girls are back and had a good time! Tyler and I are leaving tomorrow for our cruise, so I guess I won't see ya for another week! Then we have GOT to start walking. Ya hear me??

Andrew + Kylie said...

Leslie-
sounds like fun. Just girl time. What a good husband you have. I hope andrew is that way when we have kids. No complaining and a clean house. {not that he complains now- but ya know}

Linde said...

How fun...just girls! By the way congrats on #4! I am so happy for your little family! Do you know what you are having?

mandee said...

How fun is that! Hope you girls had fun.

xxoox

dpapwatson said...

HI Leslie... I know we've never meet, but I'm one of Mikes friends from Pima and I just wanted to introduce my self. He found me on myspace and I told him I've checked out your families blog a few times. You have a beautiful family by the way. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi...tell Mike HI!

dpapwatson said...

I guess I could've told you my name...Haha! It's PJ.