Thursday, October 2, 2008

Book, Games, Snakes, and Birthdays....!!! What more could I want?

These pictures were just too good for me to pass up blogging and so I just compiled the last few days into one post. Katlyn and I read to the boys every night before they go to bed. On Sunday night she was reading a Scooby Doo book to Gage and Carter just couldn't resist joining in. I caught this just before she got done. There are moments when it's absolutely amazing to be a mom, wouldn't you agree?
I caught these two hiding from me behind the trash can when it was time for baths. They thought they were so funny!
Last night Katlyn ran into the house and informed me that Mike had found a snake in the garage that was so BIG! Looks pretty ferocious to me! Now the boys open the door every time they come down the stairs to search for the other family members of the snake.
Carter has a new hobby of making birthday cakes out of bread, marshmallows, sprinkles, bananas and whatever else he can scrounge up in the kitchen. Today he and Gage made this one for me. Nothing like having a birthday once a week right? The video is of them singing to me. (We always have to sing when Carter makes a cake!)

8 comments:

melinda said...

So CUTE! Love your kids.

The reading picture is priceless and love the b-day song!

Stoddard Family said...

Being a mom is great!! Moments like that always make us remember why we do what we do.

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

How cute.. I understand about the snake thing. I had one crawl under my foot when I went to get in my car.. Scared me to death...
Your boys don't look anything alike but both are so dang cute..

Laura said...

Can Katlyn come live with us!?! And are your boys not the cutest EVER! We looked for you guys during the conference sessions and then my dad said you didn't make it up there. It was great for my kids though because it helped them pay attention. I think we will look for you guys during every conference.

Anonymous said...

Aww, i love the pics of the kids! They're so adorable! Wish we could see you all more often!

Jennifer said...

...I'll have to get Carter's cake recipe!...

Andrew + Kylie said...

o great.
I am in big trouble now.
I thought you knew.
Tell Mike sorry.

Crick Martindell said...

Leslie....I'm glad you peeked in on me...I am just getting this blogging thing going and it is soooo..much fun to peek in on every one I love it! Your boys are getting so big I can't hardly believe it! Kaitlyn is so adorable and big herself, man it just seemed like yesterday that you were across the street. By the way do you know how is Rachael doing? My heart and prayers are with her.