Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Big 5 Carter!

Today was Carterbug's Birthday! The big 5. He has been so excited to be able to have a Transformer Party. I am one of those mom's that doesn't do well with the big parties. I did it once with Katlyn, and I was grouchy and all the girls fought!!! Ticked me off. All that time and money for nothing special, and so we pretty much just do Birthdays with the 5 of us now. Anyway, Carter isn't much for sweets, but loves my cinnamon rolls. So, that's what we had, and pizza of course he loves that too! He set the table with all the Transformer loot.
Then, we all sat down to a dinner of Little Ceasars $5 pizza!
Present time! He actually picked out most of the things that he got. Pathetic I know. He picked out these things called "blendy pens" that he saw on T.V. and they stink at the blending part, but he colored all 10 of the pictures that came with them already. A Transformer was hiding in the bag, and a huge puzzle. Easy to please little boy!
We stuck 5 candles in the cinnamon roll that Carter picked and he smiled a huge smile while we sang Happy Birthday. I love this little guy!
I don't know how this started, but this is how he always eats his cinnamon rolls! All in all it was a great little party. Carter is Mike's hero! We can't believe that he is already 5 and going to go to Katlyn's school this year. He is by far the easiest going guy around this house. Happy Birthday Carter. We love ya!

10 comments:

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

Happy Birthday to Carter. I didn't realize that he and Tate were so close in age. Tate's birthday is going to be on Monday the 4th. We will be keeping him back one more year.. I like the idea of only family at the party.. it gets way to over the top somtimes.

Laura said...

Happy Big 5 Optimus Prime!!! We love you!

melinda said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!
Kindergarten here he comes!!


(Those cinnamin rolls look yummy!)

Stoddard Family said...

How exciting for Carter. I hope he loves kindergarten. That is funny that he eats his cinnamon rolls that way. Tim used to eat his donuts that way, he can't stand for his hands to be dirty or sticky. I need to get that cinnamon roll recipe from you, when you brought them to my house (awhile ago) my family thought they were the greatest things.

Melis said...

Happy Birthday Carter! I love the idea of family parties. I'm not big on throwing them myself. We've really cut back too.

The cinnamon rolls really do look YUMMY! Smart kid, not to like sweets. He'll be much healthier than the rest of us.

Kacie said...

Happy Birthday Carter!! You my favorite little buddy!! You need to come visit me again sometime!!!

Rusty and Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Carter and Mike! I can't believe your kids are getting so big! Oh, and I must say, congrats on a new one!!

Unknown said...

What fun little party! Looks like he had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Carter!!!
Big hugs to you!

KARI said...

Hey Leslie!!Its Kari Brimhall (Stratton) I havent talked to you forever. I have seen you at Rickys parents church a couple of times but I never see you after to come and say hi. It looks like Carter had a fun B-day. He looks so much like Mike! Such cute kids!! Congrats on new baby coming!! Glad to see you guys are doing good:) I added you to my blog I hope that is okay!