Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We headed over to Eagar for the 4th this year, and it was a lot of fun! This is the best picture I could get of the kids at the parade. If you know my boys, you won't be surprised. They all waited patiently for everything to start, which was a little tough because it was hot!!!
Mike and all the OLD LADIES! I don't know how he scored this seat, but I thought it was cute. My Aunt Sylvia came from New Mexico for her 20 year reunion, and wouldn't even get on her float. Mike kept threatening to throw her up on it! The others are my mom on the left next to Mike, my Grandma's sister below her, my Grandma below Mike and my cousin Shaina. We don't get to see these guys all that often, and so it's a lot of fun to get to spend some time with them.
These guys were so patient waiting for some candy. Carter is missing in the picture, but if you know him you know why. This kid does not like candy. He would rather have chips and ketsup any day. He was happy to sit under the shade in a comfortable chair, and eat crushed ice. Gage on the other hand was scrappin' up all the candy he could, and Katlyn was sweet to help.
This was the best float of the parade. It says "kickin' ass ranch" on the side, and "haulin' ass" on the back. It was hilarious. Honestly though the parade was the best one we have had in a while. Very patriotic! I love that. They had some military helicopters fly down mainstreet in the middle of it, and it was really great. I always get teary eyed at stuff like that. The thought of what the military does for all of us just gets me. We are all so lucky to live in this country!
I had to post this one last picture of my Dad and my Grandpa. My Grandpa is getting up there in age, but he still cuts a rug at all the dances in town and in Greer! Funny, he loves it but I have never once seen my Dad dance! I love my Grandpa! He served in the Korean war, and although he doesn't talk about it much I know that he's proud that he did it, and we are proud of him. I am also thankful that my Dad has always taught us to be patriotic, and to show love for our country. I love these guys!!!!

7 comments:

Rusty and Ashley said...

I agree it was one of the best! It was really good to see you! You have such a cute fam! I can't beleive your oldest is eight?!?!?! We are getting old! Oh, I have posted some more so maybe you will quit yelling at me to post:) j/k!

Fuentes Family said...

Hey, How have I missed your blog this whole time? It is so cute. Did you change it for the 4th? That is inspiring!!! I'm putting you on my blog, that okay?

Jennifer said...

So fun!
Love that float!

mandee said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You have such a cute family. Oh and i love the float lol.

xoxox

arizonamama said...

The Fourth looks like a lot of fun and Congratulations! I'm so excited. Thanks for keeping me posted. -Cameo

Sonda Bryce said...

I am diggin the kickin ass float! Somebody got pretty ballsy... is that how you spell that? So Funny!

Gina Lee said...

How fun! And you totally painted that float yourself didnt you...I thought so!! Glad you guys had a fun weekend, and Brandy told me about your house...stupid thieving criminals. Good thing for your security system. Hope thats the last of that!