Monday, July 21, 2008

Carter the Artist/Architect?

This is Carter's new thing that he LOVES to do. He draws many, many pictures every day. He works very hard on them, and they take quite a long time to complete!
Some are Robots. Others are Spider Monkeys. He even has an Optimus Prime. He even drew one with him holding my hand! What a sweet boy! When all the hard hours of drawing are done, he goes looking for the scissors and tape to put them up for all to see. These pics are taken in our family room, and anyone that comes over gets a complete tour. He insisted on posing with his "B" that Nana made for him. This is his favorite blanket. He sleeps with it every night. It's not quite an obsession, and so Mike has let him keep it, but he does love it, which I am o.k. with. So, this is the artist in him.
Now on to the architect side. Carter loves his legos. He builds all kinds of things with them. The awesome thing is that they are all completely symmetrical. He's very good at it. These are usually Transformers. He made a computer the other day.
I had to document these and so that he could see them when he gets older. So, hopefully he will use these talents one day and get filthy rich and support his old mother and father! I love this boy. He is my easy going child, for the most part. He loves unconditionally and teaches us every day to stop and just love being together at home!
I had to post this one, because this is Gage's favorite thing to do. He waits, waits, and waits some more, until finally Carter is done with his masterpieces and then he moves in!!! His convoy of trucks and trailers come and demolish the prized pieces, and he laughs his evil laugh. Don't think that Carter just takes it though. He may be scrawny for his age, but he can still take either of his siblings down! Brotherly love!

8 comments:

Andrew + Kylie said...

you sure do have cute kids. Carter is so sweet- and smart. What a great mom you are.

Whiting Family said...

Carter is such a cute kid. We really do need to get him and Crew together sometime...Crew asks all the time when can he go back to school to see his friends!!! You have such a cute fam!!!

The Sanderson Family said...

Leslie I love your blog. I have it on my friends list and check it out every once in awhile. You have the cutest family and I just think that you are the sweetest girl. I am so glad that we went to v-ball camp together so many years ago...cause maybe I wouldn't have ever had the chance to get to know you, if it weren't for v-ball camp.

Laura said...

Carter's the coolest!!!

Gina Lee said...

Okay, so this is the cutest thing. He is so proud of himself. I love it. Thanks for letting me hang out at your house and wait for my MIL. Your house is super cute, and I am totally jealous that you live so close to a temple, in a much smaller cooler place. One day I wont live in the valley! Hope you had a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

that is awesome about Carter!

Kacie said...

Hey Leslie!! I haven't seen you forever. Its pretty sad I live one block away and we never see each other anymore. We need to go swimming again!

Anonymous said...

carter is so smart! i love all his creations! sure miss seeing you all, we'll have to get together again soon!