Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Random Catch up......

We are finally catching up a little. I have been slacking. I would like for my posts to be pretty regular, and so that my kids can see how each week of the year went, but the last few have been abnormal to say the least! So, I am putting just a few random pics of the last few weeks. Nothing special, but ones that should bring back good memories for us all someday! We have finally been blessed with some good weather. Saturday was such a beautiful day. Mike had to get up at 6 to go to traffic survival school, (a little bit of a sore subject) and he came and woke me up and said that I had to go out because it was so nice. So, while he spent 8 hours with your average DUI's, hit and runs, and teenage speeders, (Mike was there for speeding. Just thought I'd put that in there so nobody gets the wrong idea!) we spent the whole day outside. I only got a picture of Gage in the sprinkler. He loved it, and has gone outside every day since fully clothed to run through them when they come on.
When he got home we spent a little time on the bikes and shooting hoops. Mike didn't play in school. He wrestled, but he can still kick my butt in a game. Katlyn is getting pretty good too. She and Mike spend a lot of time outside shooting together. It always reminds me of when I was about her age and my dad would take me down to the church and put me on the red line and teach me the finer points of shooting. I cherish those days. I hope that she will too!
Here is where the wrestling background comes into play. This is a daily ritual at our house. I love the fact that they are having fun, but hate the screaming, and the fear that my boys will decide that they want to wrestle too! Watching Mike was so much fun. I never knew wrestling could be so exciting, (the singlet wasn't so bad either) but I don't think it will be the same watching my boys bodies contort into totally abnormal positions, but talk about dedication. Anyone that wrestles has to love it, because there is nothing fun about the practices, and the starving!
This was Katerbug's track and field day at school. It was so HOT! The poor kids were dying, but they had a lot of fun things to do. This picture is Katlyn and a friend from her class. I can't believe that she is going into the third grade! We are so proud of her. She does so well and tries so hard. I hope that she always stays that way!
Mike told her to slide on her belly, but this was good too! I want to get a tarp for our backyard!

I also have to wish my mom and my sister Misty a Happy Birthday! Misty's was on Sat. and Mom's is today. Mom is in Africa hunting with dad, but I want her to know how much I love her and hope that she had a good day today! And Misty sweet Misty. I love her so much! I called her on her birthday at 8 in the morning and she was at the gym! DEDICATION!!!!! You are amazing and I love ya!



2 comments:

TJ Eich said...

You guys are having way too much fun, while we suffer in 110* temps! Is that my niece Nicolle with Katlyn? They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

what fun pics! glad you're finally getting some nice weather! :)