Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Wish To Be Smart....

Last night we went to "Reading Under the Stars" at Katlyn's school. It was actually really fun and a good family night. Everyone brought blankets, books and flashlights and the PTO served hot dogs and root beer. We ate, read just one book with our flashlight and played until we were too cold to stay any longer. On the way home, Carter was sitting in the back looking at the stars and said, "Mom, do you want to know what I wished for?" "What did you wish for Carter?" "I wished that I would be smart." "You are already smart." "What does NOI spell?" "Nothing." "See, I'm not smart mom. I told you." "What does NO spell Carter?" "NO." "See, you can spell. You just have to keep practicing." "Ya, I guess."

I cannot tell you how funny this conversation was! It doesn't sound that funny when I write it down, but the way that Carter asked me what NOI spelled, knowing it didn't spell anything, and then in his a sassy tone saying, "see I told you" It was just super cute! Mike and I were having a heck of a time keeping a straight face. This little man is one of my favorite people in the whole world! I hope that he will know that every day that he is here with me! I LOVE YOU Carterbug!

1 comment:

Whitney Lee Slade said...

les, you are the best mother ever.