Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I do my little turn on the catwalk......

Katlyn had a Mother-Daughter Modest Fashion Show for Achievement Days last night and these are a few pictures I snapped of her. The decorations were great. Her leaders are amazing! They also had older girls wear prom dresses to show that you can still be modest and look beautiful for occasions like that. I was wrangling Gavin so the pictures aren't great, but she looked fabulous and beautiful! This first picture was of her favorite modest outfit that she has. Super Cute!
This gorgeous get-up was the wacky outfit we put together. She is doing the disco dance as she walks down the runway here! She did so great! I was so proud of her! When asked what modesty means to her Katlyn said "When you are dressed immodest around people it makes them feel uncomfortable, and so you should not dress that way!" I agree! I remember getting so excited about activities like this when I was her age and it was so fun to get her all dressed up and do her hair and make-up. She looked beautiful! I am so proud of her courage and determination to dress modest and do the things that are right, even when it's not the most popular thing to do. How did I get such a diamond? I have not idea, but I am glad she's here with me. Love ya Katerbug!

4 comments:

Melis said...

Katlyn is one pretty girl. She takes after her Mom....and Aunts! It looks like they had so much fun!

Andrew + Kylie said...

cute cute Katyln- hey i like your wacky outfit. :} you ALWAYS looks so cute!

twede said...

That was so fun last night! Katlyn was so cute. Thanks again for bringing cookies and for your help in the kitchen. I'm glad you were there to witness my little accident. I would have felt more like a dork if you weren't there to laugh with me.

colleen said...

Even is a mixed up outfit - Katyln is a beautiful young lady - inside and out. We sure are proud of you Katerbug. Love Grandma