Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a Week!

This week was a little busy for the Papa Family! We had everyone's teeth cleaned, and it was Gage's first time! He did so good, and talked the Dentist's ears off! Katlyn was the only one with a cavity, but only one so we are doing pretty dang good in my book! A good cleaning = new toothbrush, flossers, toothpaste and a prize! We made out like bandits!
The next day, I had to take Mr. Gavin in for his 4th, yes 4th weight check! Our pediatrician wanted him to get back up to his birthweight before she would cut his lower boy parts, so we have tried to be patient.
By the time we left the hospital after he was born, he had lost almost a pound due to being hooked to an iv for about 20 hours. Gavin was having a little trouble breathing (they call it retracting and grunting) so they ran a million tests, took a ton of blood and hooked him up to an iv. It made me a little nervous when the sweet man told me that Gavin was the smallest patient he had ever put an iv in! HOLY COW! So, the nurses tell me that he has to nurse for at least 8 min. 3 different times before he could come to my room with me. In the same sentence they tell me that the sugar water that he's getting through the iv makes them lazy and not want to eat. What the heck? Poor boy, and poor mom. Every time I tried to nurse they pricked his foot to check his sugars. I had to come down to the nursery every 2 hours to try. It was so hot in the nursery, and it made me nervous to have nurses watching me all the time, and so I was exhausted! He did finally eat, and got to come to my room for a whole 7 hours before we were released.
Gavin now weighs 7lb. 7oz.! Hooray! Now I have to take him BACK on Monday to subject him to all that pain! I love our pediatrician, but I feel like we live there right now!
I also had to go get a check-up that day, and Dr. Tindall gave me the all clear. Now it's back to trying to get some form of a body back. I'm not all that motivated.
Katlyn started Little League Basketball this week, and it is so fun to watch those little girls play. Basketball has so many rules and they are just trying to figure it all out. Katlyn is so tender hearted and was quite discouraged because she doesn't get it yet, but we're going to keep trying! Mike has had wrestling and work all week, and although I love that he enjoys helping those boys get better, it's hard to have him gone so much! I did not realize how much he did during his 2 weeks off until I had to do it all by myself! CRAZY WEEK!


We got a little snow in Snowflake this week. The kids got a trampoline for Christmas and are loving it!
This is Carter and Gage at 7:30 on Monday morning. Ambitious!
You tell them to stay in the yard, and do they listen? In your dreams MOM! The golf course is way more fun to make trails in.


2 comments:

Dan and Kirsten Flake said...

Hi Leslie! I heard you had a baby so I had to check in on you guys! He fits right in! What a beautiful little guy and family! You sound like you are doing really good. email me so I can invite you to my blog, dankirst@hotmail.com

Lee Anne said...

Congratulations on your new baby! He looks so sweet. I wish I could hold him. I miss having a baby but not bad enough to do it again!