Thursday, January 29, 2009

We are Rockin' the School Library selection!

The Papa child who attends Kindergarten is SO excited about the selection of books at the library! He came home on Tuesday, which happens to be library day. He returned a Great reader! Clifford The Big Red Dog! Who doesn't like a good Clifford book? I then asked him what book he checked out for the week. He said "I don't know what it's about mom. You can look and see though." I opened up the backpack and here is what I found. Who doesn't want to read a book about the President of the Philippines right? What the heck? Who is helping my child pick out library books? Not that I'm saying that someone should help, but more importantly who let him check it out? Hilarious! Needless to say he doesn't want to read it. I think he just wanders aimlessly around the library until it's time to go and grabs the first book he sees. His big sister has volunteered to take him to the library Friday and guide him to the "more kindergarten reader friendly" books! Love this kid! My sweet boy, you never go a day without doing or saying something that makes me smile! I hope that you always keep that quality about you!

*On a side note I have to write this down and so that my boys can read it one day and get a good laugh. Carter and Gage were playing upstairs yesterday and Gage was not playing Zack and Cody the way that Carter wanted him to, so Carter told Gage. "Gage I don't want to play with you anymore. You aren't my best friend. You aren't doing it right." Gage then told Carter. "Carter, you're a freakin' boob."
Don't even ask, because I have no idea where that came from!

11 comments:

Hallie said...

That gave me a good laugh! I love the things kids say. It is fun to write them down too so one day they can laugh at themselves. :)

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

That is dang funny. You wonder does anyone really pay attention to what they pick out. Rylee our animal lover has never brought home a book unless it has horses on the cover.

melinda said...

OH MY GOSH! HILAROUS! I know my mom subbed in the library on Wednesday, but not on Tuesday. If she had been there that day, I KNOW she wouldn't have let him get that book!

Freakin' Boob! Ha!

Kristen said...

That is so funny! Thanks for the good laugh.

Stuart Family said...

That is Hilarious Les. It's always interesting to see what these kids check out from the library. That's the best though. He must have been thinking about his sweet mom during the day. Have a good one.

Stoddard Family said...

I think Highland Primarys library is the saddest place I have seen. What year was that book published. Megan brought home a book about kids with leukemia when she was in kingergarten. I love to read the things your boys say, they make me laugh out loud,and then Eric looks at me like I am crazy.

Barb said...

Gage is such a crack up - You'll love that you wrote that down! I am sure that book was there when I was!! JK! Katelyn is such a great big sis!

Melis said...

Seriously Leslie! Those stories made my day. I'm still laughing. IT's so typical.

Colleen said...

Leslie, I read your blog here at work. I laughed so loud that George came in from the back to see what was so funny. It was a great way to start our day. Gotta love those kids.

Shannon said...

haha, that book is hilarious! You have the funniest kids. lol Thanks for writing the story down, it gave ME a good laugh.

Tess-N-Tae said...

Leslie that is hilarious! Kids are seriously so random...it cracks me up.

Do they watch Drake and Josh? "freakin' boob" sounds like something the sister, Megan, would say. Tae watches that show way too much. :)

Hope you are doing well!