Monday, December 8, 2008

She sure makes me proud!


Yesterday, Katlyn Jordyn Papa bore her testimony for the first time all by herself! I cannot tell you how proud I am of her! I was just smiling away! Sacrament meeting was almost over, and she leaned over to me and said, "mom, does this sound good for my testimony?" She proceeded to tell me what she was going to say, and I said "Yes, that was really good." Then she said "o.k. could you move your leg because I'm going up there." It was so sweet to watch her walk really quickly up to the pulpit, and bear her little testimony. It was short, sweet and to the point. The way a testimony should be right. I wish I had her courage and simple, strong faith! She teaches me every day that I need to be more kind, loving, faithful, forgiving and more strong in the gospel. She and her brothers never let me forget that we need to have scriptures and prayer every night together, or Family Home Evening on Monday nights. (Even though both can turn into mass chaotic events sometimes!)

We also had tithing settlement last night, and Katlyn was able to say that she had paid a full tithe. The bishop talked to her about it and how important it is that we pay it to show that we are faithful, and to help the church have the things that it needs. She doesn't even question it. She just does it, because that is what we are taught to do. We were given papers showing our membership while we were there to make sure that they were right, and she also noticed that she was baptized 7 years to the day after we were sealed together in the Temple. She just thought that it was pretty neat that it happened that way even though we didn't plan it. She is such a large part of why we lived our lives in order to go to the Temple that day. I love her and her attentiveness to the things and people around her, and that she listens to the spirit and is so close to our Savior and wants so bad to do the things that He would have her do. I love you Katerbug!

11 comments:

Linde said...

How sweet! One time Kason just stood up in sacrament meeting and I thought he was going to the bathroom (and did not ask) but he went up and bore his sweet and short testimony. I seriouly almost cried. SO I know how you feel. Such a proud moment isn't it? By the way she is a mini you! I am sure you hear that all the time. So cute!

Courtney Curt said...

that is so sweet. She's such a cute girl.

melinda said...

Katlyn is such a special girl. I really appreciate her loving, kind spirit and her good example! That was a sweet post--I'm all teary eyed now.

Stuart Family said...

She did such a good job Sunday. BrookeLyn wanted to go up too, but time was running out. I'm sure she will be up next month. I wish it was that easy to get up. They are brave little girls.

arizonamama said...

Katlyn is so special but she has great examples in her parents. There's nothing like a mother's love and pride for her child. It made me cry... -Cameo

The Baum Squad said...

She was so sweet on Sunday. I loved how fast she walked up there. Very determined. Sounds like she has awesome examples at home. Have I ever told you she kind of reminds me of Kirsten's McKenzie? Maybe its just her coloring and the glasses but regardless she is a beautiful girl. Keep up the good work Mama. See? That moment on sunday is the exact reason you are getting another sweet spirit in your home.

Sam and Rachel said...

I was actually there! She did do such a good job. She is a sweet little girl. I wanted to tell her what a good job she did but she walked out and I didnt stay for sunday school.

colleen said...

Tell Katerbug that both Grandpa and I are so proud of her. She always has been such a special spirit, sent to a loving home. We can't wait to see you all a Christmas. Any baby news? Love Grandma Colleen

Barb said...

Katelyn is such a good girl! Love her personality! She will grow up to do great things! Way to go mom, keep up the great work, it's worth it!!

Fuentes Family said...

Leslie, what do you expect? You are such a good Mom. It is those moments though that make it all worth it huh? I seriously wonder at times if I am just causing irrepairable damage to my kids at times. Oh well, I guess they have to take the good with the bad. But you are obviously doing something right, Good job!

Sam and Rachel said...

Hey Congrats on the new baby boy!!! Put pictures on so we can see the little guy!