Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Another Boy!

The Papa family would like to introduce to you the newest member of our family. Everyone meet Gavin Mac Papa. He was born on December 15th, just before 6pm. He weighed in at 6lb. 10oz. and was 18in. long. He took his dear little time getting here, mostly due to the fact that he was "sunny side-up," but it was all worth it. Somehow this birth was a little more emotional than the others for both Mike and I. Maybe because we knew it would be the last? I'm not quite sure, but it was amazing to see Gavin for the first time!
Most of you know that we did not find out the sex of the baby. We were not surprised at all that it was another boy, and although a little girl would have been great, somehow it all seemed right, and he fits perfectly. I highly recommend being surprised to anyone that can wait that long to know! It was a lot of fun.
We are very tired and very happy! I haven't been dressed in regular clothes but once since he was born, and I'm enjoing every minute of it. Mike was able to take two weeks off of work, and that has been a blessing. He has helped so much. My amazing mom also came and stayed for almost a week! I don't know what we would have done without her. Katlyn is going to miss being able to have someone sleep in her room with her. I believe that it is true when they say after three it's so much easier. I know that having our youngest pushing four helps, but the kids have been great with him, and are so gentle. Gage asks every day if we can keep him. I feel very complete and very blessed. There is nothing like bringing a little spirit into the world to put everything into perspective!

20 comments:

Tess-N-Tae said...

Congrats Leslie! He is adorable! What a great Christmas present for the kids. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! He is so cute! Your post was so sweet and is getting me excited to have this baby. I'm glad he decided to come before the new year. Congrats again! You are one busy mama! :)

Hawkins Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is soo adorable. I am glad that everything went good. It does make you feel a little closer to heaven when you have a newborn in your arms. Their spirits are so precious, if we could only keep them that little forever:) I hope that you and your family has a Merry Christmas. Congrats again. You guys did good.

P.S. I don't know if I could have waited 9 months to find out what it is. But, you make it sound special. If there is a next time for us...I just might have to try it. I love your post.

Merry Christmas.

Hallie said...

Congratulations Leslie & Mike! I hadn't heard you had him but I'm so glad he is here! That is exciting that you have another sweet and cute little boy. What a special Christmas to have him here already. :)

Melis said...

Congratulations! I hadn't heard you had him either. I thought you were kidding at first :) I'm so glad he came early for you and that you get to have him around for Christmas! I waited to find out what Jacob was and the cord was wrapped around his neck and he was VERY blue. I was so nervous about him being alive that I didn't care what he was LOL! My Mom kept yelling "Melissa, It's a boy, it's a boy!". It was great, but I ended up finding out with Kamri. Maybe I'll try it again if I ever get another one. Congratulations again! He's adorable!

Teresa :) said...

Hey Leslie! Yae and congrats, I wanted to come say hi when I saw you were in house but it was usually really early in the morning or really late at night when I could get over there and I didnt want to wake you up if you were resting! You know how important that is after you have a baby. :) Cause we both know you wont be getting much from now on. haha He is so cute and Im glad you are doing so well. See ya. Teresa :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Leslie! He is such a cute baby. I can't believe that you didn't find out if it was going to be a boy or girl. After reading about your story it sounds pretty neat. I sill have four more weeks, but I am hopeing that she will come early. Merry Christmas!

Angela said...

Congrats! Glad he made it safe and sound :) Hope you have a quick recovery...let me know if there is ANYTHING I can help with.

melinda said...

Yay! I'm happy you had time to post! That is a cute picture of him! I never got to see his little eyes open! You looked so friggin awesome in your jeans when I saw you, I'm relieved to hear you've mostly been in PJ's;) You better call if you need anything. Or else. Love ya.

Matt and Crystal Belshe said...

Congrats Papa's! He is so adoreable! Matt and I are expecting, but I don't think I have the strength to hold out on finding out the sex of the baby. i give props to you guys!. well take care. Hes a true blessing.

Laura said...

I can't wait to meet him! Love the name and love his family!

Rusty and Ashley said...

Congrats, he is super cute! Hope you are feeling good and glad you get to enjoy the best christmas present ever!

Layla said...

Wow, that was fast! :) I swear you just started showing, that was like a 2 month pregnancy (to me...) Congratulations, he's a cutie. I don't remember what your due date was, but it sounds like you went early. Today is Luke's 1st birthday. He was 8 days overdue. We got home Christmas Eve. I'm glad yours didn't do that to you!

Chlarson Family said...

Yay! I'm glad things went smooth. All three of mine were "sunny side up". Not fun! He is a handsome little boy. I'm excited to meet him. I'm happy for you and your family. What a great and memorable Christmas present.

Andrew + Kylie said...

Cute. Cute. I love his dark hair. he sure is handsome. We can't wait to meet him. Merry Christmas.

Courtney Curt said...

OOoooh, he is so cute! Conrats! That makes me want to have another one soon. (don't tell Jared I said that) :)
I'm glad everything went good. Have a merry christmas!

Amanda said...

Congrats! He's beautiful. Just another wrestler to add to the fam. hahaha

Shannon said...

Leslie he is so cute! Congrats! I want to see more pics though :)

Linde said...

Congrats! He is so beautiful! I got more emotional with every new baby. They are just honestly special. I always wanted to be suprised and not find out what I was having but I could never do it. How fun for you and your family. I love his name. Enjoy! Especially because he is your last. They are only little for a short while.

Jennifer said...

Gavin was born on Addie's birthday!

I saw you the other day and noticed that you weren't pregnant so I had to come see pics of the new little guy! He's SO cute! Congrats!