Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh, The Excitement!

Every year on December 1st the kids get a big box from Grandma Colleen and Grandpa George. They are filled with wiggles and giggles cuz they know what's inside! They arrived on the day before Thanksgiving this year, and so they have been patiently waiting for tonight to come.
And the boxes are open! Katlyn was in the lead, getting hers out first, and Carter was close behind. Gage was a little more interested in Carters at first, but soon pulled and pulled until his box was finally empty!

This is what was inside! Grandma and Grandpa send the kids these amazing little gifts, one to open each day until Christmas. We hang them where everyone can see them, but the rule is no touching until it's time to go to bed! They look forward to it each day. Getting a present every day is so exciting don't you think? Carter and Gage got Motorcycles and Katlyn go a manicure set for day 1. We'll see what tomorrow brings! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for this thoughtful tradition. I know it takes a lot of time to make one for everyone, but we LOVE it, and we LOVE you too!

9 comments:

Laura said...

Hey I just did a post about this too. It's so hard for these little guys to be patient. It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Hope to see you soon!

melinda said...

WOW. What an awesome tradition! That is so much fun for th kids--how thoughtful of G-ma and G-pa!!

Stoddard Family said...

What a fun countdown idea. Are you getting a little anxious yet? After holding Melinda's adorable little boy, I find myself getting a little impatient. I'm glad you guys had such a great Thanksgiving.

colleen said...

Thanks for leaving the pictures of the kids with their packages. The smiles on their faces are just what we wanted to see. I am glad that you all had a great Thanksgiving. Any baby news yet? Let us know. We love you all. Mom & George

Melis said...

What a great G-ma and G-pa tradition! I'll have to keep that one in mind for when I have grandchildren to spoil. I love Alpine. Two of my Grandmothers grew up there and when I was growing up, they would tell us so many stories. It made me want to raise a family there. I'm so glad that your children get to have a little piece of that life, like I did growing up. One day they will really appreciate it.

Andrew + Kylie said...

Colleen is such a fun Grandma. i have to tell you I showed my sister the picutre of you all pregnant and cute- and she said, "yup- i hate her". that is a good thing- that means you look super good! i can't wait to see what number 4 will be.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone is excited for your baby-well me too! And those pictures of the kids with the gifts are so wonderful. I remember helping make those a time or two. Fun memories.

Anonymous said...

what a neat tradition!!!

Amber & Glenn Lovelace said...

Hey Chica! wow Im glad I found you guys.. Just randomly jumping through peoples blogs.. You guys look great! So wierd its been almost 10 years! Remember good ol mr. seamans computer class we were in together? Shoot me! Ha Good times..