Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day Of School!

I love and hate the first day of school. I am so tired of cleaning my house five times a day I could scream, and if I have to hear "mom there's nothing to do here" one more time I am going to go looney! I love having a schedule every day, and I love the time that it's quiet at my house, even if it's just for a few hours.
I hate sending another one of my kids to kindergarten. It makes me so sad that they are getting so big. Carter was so excited to go today. I hate seeing Katlyn go to a 3rd grade class this year, because that just means that time is going by faster than I'm o.k. with. I hate hoping that they will be o.k. and wondering if they will miss me, which they don't, but it makes me feel better to think that they do.
Katlyn and Carter both got awesome teachers, and are both going to have a great year. Katlyn was a lot less nervous this year than she usually is and so that made me really happy. Their classrooms are right next to eachother, which they both think is pretty cool. Carter did not officially go by himself today, but he loved being in class with all the kids, and even has a friend from his preschool class in there with him, and a lot of kids from our ward. Katlyn also got lucky and got a lot of her girlfriends in her class. School gives me mixed emotions, because I love sending them, but a part of me wants to just keep them home and make them be little forever. I just need to cherish the time that we have I know, but they grow so fast. Gage and I are going to have some good one on one time together, although he keeps asking when he gets to go to his school and take his backpack that Grandma bought him. It will come sooner than I want it to!!!!!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have been BUSY lately and I didn't even know you were pregnant!....(that's not what I meant by "busy" though)...anyhow!....
....you're so good getting your back to school post done on the first day! I totally forgot my camera!!!! What kind of slacker mom am I!?

Stoddard Family said...

Carter looks so big! How exciting for him though. I hope Katlyn and Carter have s great school year. Katlyn is such a sweet, nice girl. I agree with wanting them to be little for a while longer. I need to be better about enjoying my little ones, because it goes by too fast.

Teresa :) said...

Wow you are good, I need to get my pics of the 1st day posted but that will probably take me another week. haha Oh my heck I didnt know you were prego, congrats!!! Do you know what you are having yet?

melinda said...

What cute kids! Katlyn is such a great helper! I may just brave letting Emma ride the bus sometime because of her... I'm glad Carter is in Emma's class too--they have a really cute class.

Mandy said...

I didn't even know your were expectin again!! How exciting. I agree, I love the kids going back to school, but I cry everytime one of them graduates kinder!! Bella is doing pre 1st which gives me a few more years of primary school, which I love!!

Courtney Curt said...

Cute picts. Here's a Late Congrats on your pregnancy. That's exciting. Hope all is going well.

arizonamama said...

The first day of school is so exciting! I love the pics of you guys (especially silly Mike) in Vegas. So much fun! Glad you guys did that. I would LOVE to see Phantom.

Anonymous said...

Nobody tells us ANYTHING!!! I had no idea you were preggo! Congrats. All you ladies are going to have your hands full! :) Love the pics of the kids, they grow up too fast....

Sam and Rachel said...

Your kids are so cute! I wish I got to still watch them! I didnt even know you were prego again! That is awesome. CONGRATS!