Sunday, April 11, 2010

A short Saturday African Safari

I am finally catching up on my posts, so if you care enough to read them all I will leave you to it! We spent our Saturday up in Alpine with Nana & Papa. Doughnuts and chocolate milk are the only way to go when you are in a hurry! Two years ago my parents went to Africa and so my dad could go on a hunt. FINALLY, two years later he got all of his mounts back. He needed a little help hanging them up so we were happy to assist.

This is his Eland. It's 1 of the 8 animals that he shot. HUGE! Gage loved it. Katlyn was a little scared and Carter was more interested in riding his bike.
I don't know if he knew how close he was to it. We did finally get him to pet it though.
So, now they are all hanging in Papa's entryway and he's happier than a fart in a space suit and itching to go again!

3 comments:

Ramsays said...

That is one big animal!! At least your kids aren't afraid of it. My baby is afraid of an elk Jake killed that is on our wall.

Amanda said...

That's awesome, I bet your dad was in Heaven, I think my mom and dad are going with your parents next time they go.

melinda said...

Cool pictures!! Even Tyler was intrested in seeing this post;) That is one big Eland!