Sunday, March 22, 2009

WiNd WiNd go away! Come again some other day!

A year of blogging cannot go by without me doing a post about the wind in Snowflake. Today it seems the spring winds have officially come to our little town. How long will they stay? That's anyone's guess, but if you have any work to do outside or dreams of having an outdoor BBQ, you had better put it off indefinately. My dress flew up in the church parking lot today. My window in the kitchen in whinning. My trashcan stays in the same place for only a few seconds at a time. The days of leaving my hair down have come to a halt. Will Melinda and I be able to walk without blowing away? Will the sprinklers really sprinkle our grass or the neighbors dirt? Will Mike be able to put up the fence around the garden tomorrow? How many golf balls caught by the wind will hit our house? It's anyone's guess. Oh, I do not like the wind! If it brought rain it would be different, but here it seems it just blows and blows for no reason at all. I sometimes dream of living somewhere the wind DOESN'T blow, but lets face it, it wouldn't be home without it.

2 comments:

melinda said...

OH it is AWFUL today! My dress blew up in the parking lot lot too but thankfully no one else was around--that would have been a hideous sight for someone!

I'll really be upset if it messes with our walks. I know "I" won't blow away, but I fear for you!

Hallie said...

I had all of these same thoughts today. Some people have a winter or a summer home somewhere else but I would like to have a spring home somewhere else. But you are right....it wouldn't be Snowflake without the wind.