Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Spring Break Canning Crew!

Today was my canning day for the month, and since the kids are home for spring break I decided to check the canner out from the cannery and do it at home. The kids wanted to help so bad, and they did a great job until the boys decided to dump rice from one bucket to the other and spilled rice all over the floor. I had to get a few pics of it, and so I grabbed my camera with a screen that doesn't work, and just prayed that I would get a few good ones. After that I decided my canning crew should go from 4 to 2.




Katlyn did a really good job once she decided that it wasn't boring. She even said that it was the best day ever! I taught her how to run the canner, and she let the boys pull the lever that brings that cans up and down. (They do work together sometimes without getting into a brawl.) She got so good at it that she got to give Mike a demo. when he got home from work. She was pretty proud of herself.

The house was a disaster when we got done, and I was Cruella De Vil, but it always feels good to get some more food storage in the pantry. Oh ya, and I promise that Gage really does wear clothes sometimes. He just rips them off as soon as we come in the door.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey when you guys come to Vegas you should stay with us. You are more then welcome to. The Hotel's are so expensive. We have plenty of room 4 bedroom house! Really call me if you want!

Laura said...

Was this before or after you made jam?!? Seriously homeade noodles, canning days, cute kids. You better knock this crap off. It makes the rest of us look bad! Right now I have Micah convinced that cold cereal and frozen pizza are a delicacy. I'm glad you have a blog!

Unknown said...

WOW! Way to go! I usually make my mom do all the canning at her house since it is such a mess! HAHA! But it really does feel so good when you are done. Looks like a lot of work but worth it. And your kids are so cute and helpful! :)

Unknown said...

Cute Blog!!

grandma kathleen said...

I'm happy to find out you now have a blog. I check out Laura's and Jill's regularly so I can enjoy the fun things going on in their lives. Now I will be able to see how much your family is growing and the neat things you are doing. So proud of you!

Rusty and Ashley said...

Hey Leslie, it's Ashley Wilkins (Campeau)! It's great to see you and your three adorable children! It's amazing to me to see what people are up to after HS! Congrats on being all ambitious with the canning and the kids and all....your awesome!

Hallie said...

Hi Leslie, I just found your blog and it is so cute! You are such a good mom to can and let your kids help. I would pull my hair out with my kids doing that I think! Haha, I need to work on patience! I loved coming to see your house, it is so beautiful and your kids are too!

Stuart Family said...

Hey Les-Cute blog. Thanks for your comment. Your kids are adorable too.I'm adding you to my family and friends. Hope you had a great spring break.

Kathryn said...

I agree with Laura - how do you find time to do all this 'good wife' stuff? I won't be able to let Ryan read your guys' blog because then he'll expect more out of me. Just kidding. I do enjoy that you have a blog now. I was wondering what you were all up to. As far as Gage not wearing any clothes, I can never keep clothes on the girls either. They usually just play in their diapers. It's too hard to keep clothes on them.