Monday, July 20, 2009

He had no idea what he was in for.....

Gavin has already had his first trip to the dentist. I know. I know. I can't believe it either. 7 months and already going! Well, he had been really fussy because he was getting teeth and one only had one side of the tooth coming in. A few days later the other side started to poke thru but then I noticed one side of it was red, so I pushed on it with my finger and IT BROKE OFF!!!!! Yep, you heard me right! Blood all over, he's screamin', I'm about to cry and it looks horrible. We got into the dentist the next day, and this is what he looked like before Dr. Goodman came in. So cute! A few seconds after this I was holding his arms and legs, the assistant was holding his head, a little contraption was holding his mouth open and Dr. Goodman was cleaning the tooth. It was clear to the nerve so he had to cover it to prevent infection. He did an amazing job and was so gentle, but by the time he was done Gavers and I were both sweaty and emotional. Hopefully that will take care of it, and thank goodness it is just a baby tooth, but he wins the award for the youngest baby our dentist has ever worked on!

No comments: